I work as a freelance webmaster for a number of websites, and I have been the British Guild of Travel Writers' webmaster since 2002.
I am used by companies who have websites, but not the time or understanding to maintain them, to keep them fresh and up to date.
I am not a programmer. I am an editor with technical skills.
- Journalist: Writing articles, copy-writing, recording radio interviews
- Editor: Commissioning print journalists, writers, photographers, and broadcasters.
- Editing print copy, photos and video.
- Digital audio editing (expert)
- Fluent in: HTML, XHTML, XML
- Understanding of: .ASP, PHP, WAP
- Experience in: Database management
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Domain name registration
Developing web projects
Or to put it in English..
I can re-organise your pages, add extra ones, change the layout, add data, add pictures, news, lists, etc, as you want it, when you want it. I can make your website attractive to search engines and maximise its profile on the Internet. I can create newsfeeds to bring people to your news items, and blogs (almost the same thing) to give them a behind-the-scenes view of what you are doing. I can create versions of your pages to run on mobile phones or PDAs. And I can record, edit and encode audio for podcasting and streaming.