The UK's Pets Passport Travel Scheme (PETS) now allows certain animals to travel to and from the continent without quarantine restrictions. These are pet-friendly tour operators, travel companies and transport companies that enable dog owners and animal lovers to holiday abroad with their pets.
|Chien Bleu||08705 333 000||Specialist agency offering dog-friendly accommodation at the luxury end of the market.|
|Eurotunnel||08443 35 35 35||Eurotunnel's Le Shuttle service is especially popular with pet owners (DEFRA stats indicate that 48% of pets arriving in the UK come through Eurotunnel) because your pet stays with you in the car and it's only a 35min journey.|
|Marriott||n/a||Marriott have a number of pet-friendly hotels.|
|Welcome Cottages||0845 268 0816||Pet-friendly holiday properties in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France and Italy. Part of the Hoseason Group.|
- Tailster.com lists "thousands" of vetted, trusted dog walkers, dog boarders and dog sitters.
- Find a Pet Minder is an online service designed to help time-starved workers or holiday bound revellers a free-of-charge way to find a willing local pet minder.
- TrustedHouseSitters.com is a global house sitting website offering people the opportunity to stay in some often luxurious homes free of charge around the globe. Basically, you care for owner's home and often pets while they are away in return for free accommodation. They have homes available in over 40 countries from chateaux in France, villas in Tuscany, apartments in NYC, townhouses on London, eco homes in Costa Rica, to beach homes in Thailand, etc. House sits can be anything from a weekend to over a year. You can view the current house sit opportunities available on the website but to apply you need to registered and to be the first to hear about the latest house sitting opportunities, you need to be signed up, which costs £19.
- The Pet Travel Scheme, operated by DEFRA, enables UK residents to take their pets on holiday to other European Union countries, and return to the UK without the need for quarantine. Holidaymakers with pets can visit destinations across Europe, as long as they use a route (ferry crossing/rail terminal/airport) and transport company approved by DEFRA.
- If you don't plan to take your pets with you on holiday, but rather need somebody to look after them while you are away, you could try a specialist house/pet-sitter such as Home and Pet Care, Animal Aunts, or Absentia.